Amanda Nunes’ takeover of the women’s bantamweight division will face a new challenge at UFC 224 when she takes on Raquel Pennington in the main event.
Nunes has become the woman to beat in the division. Since defeating Miesha Tate for the title in July 2016, she’s beaten Ronda Rousey and Valentina Shevchenko to claim top billing in a division that has never been known for its depth.
Now, the Brazilian will look to extend that title defense streak to three in front of a Rio de Janeiro crowd that should be cheering on The Lioness.
It’s a fitting headliner for a card that has a serious Brazilian presence and should provide some meaningful fights in the other divisions represented. It’s not going to break any sales records, but it should be a fun night of fights.
Here’s a look at the complete card with odds and TV info
Main Card (10 p.m. ET, PPV)
- Amanda Nunes (c) (-1000) vs. Raquel Pennington (+600)
- Kelvin Gastelum (+120) vs. Ronaldo Souza (-145)
- Amanda Cooper (+195) vs. Mackenzie Dern (-250)
- John Lineker (-250) vs. Brian Kelleher (+195)
- Vitor Belfort (+200) vs. Lyoto Machida (-260)
Preliminary Card (8 p.m. ET, FX)
- Cezar Ferreira (-105) vs. Karl Roberson (-125)
- Junior Albini (-155) vs. Alexey Oleynik (+125)
- Nick Hein (+110) vs. Davi Ramos (-140)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (-135) vs. Sean Strickland (+105)
Preliminary Card (6 p.m. ET, UFC Fight Pass)
- Warlley Alves (-230) vs. Sultan Aliev (+180)
- Jack Hermansson (-155) vs. Thales Leites (+125)
- Ramazan Emeev (-200) vs. Alberto Mina (+160)
- James Bochnovic (+250) vs. Markus Perez (-325)